The original recipe for these biscuits is already dairy free, but I was never happy with the original recipe... So here is my version. This is basically like Italian Almond Biscotti.
The preparation for these biscuits is very quick and easy, but they do require baking twice. So keep this in mind!
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup self raising flour
1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup dried cranberries or craisins
1 cup raw almonds
1. Combine eggs and sugar in a mix master bowl, and whip on high until light and frothy.
2. Add vanilla, and flours. I continue to use the mix master for this step, and swap the beaters for a dough hook. Mix on low until well combined and it looks like soft nougat.
3. Add cranberries and almonds. Continue to mix on low.
4. Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper. Pour mixture into tin.
5. Bake in oven, at 180.c. for 35 minutes, then turn it down to 160.c and bake for a further 10-15 minutes. You want the top to be golden and to have a crack in it- like crusty bread- otherwise it probably won't be cooked through enough.
6. Cool in tin, then wrap in plastic bag and place in fridge overnight.
7. Unwrap the baked almond bread. Use a bread knife and cut into thin slices.
8. Place each slice on a baking tray, and cook on a slow oven (120.c) for about 30 to 45 mins.
Enjoy! My friends enjoy it with coffee. I like it with peppermint tea!